I found a bunch of string blocks in a zip lock bag that wanted to be used for something. I remember making these blocks when I didn't want to do a specific project but I wanted to sew; then I put them in my "parts department," to be used as when inspiration hit.
I wanted to make a full-size quilt but I didn't have quite enough, so I thought - stars and stripes! I made wonky stars and alternated them with the strings.
I like to add variety by alternating background colors!
My layout looked great, here's the finished quilt:
I had it long-arm quilted by a guild member, Bernerdett - she did a wonderful job!
Stars and Stripes is 82x73 and doesn't have a border; I bound it in a medium-dark blue.
You can see more of the creative process on my blog, just search for "string blocks" to pull up the posts!