Sunday, December 15, 2013

String piecing on batting scraps


Hi! I'm Christina, I blog at A Few Scraps. Brenda asked me to contribute a new idea I posted on my blog over here:

I have a collection of skinny strips of leftover batting, and I know I am not alone. At about 2 inches wide they are too small individually for any little quilted project.  I know I don't have the patience to piece them together to make a larger piece, though I happily do that with bigger pieces to get enough for a quilt top.

But now I have it. I know what to do. I take little fabric scraps and sew-and-flip piece them onto my batting strips!




And then when I have several strips...


I piece those together with one-inch wide strips of fabric.


(here's what that looks like from the back)


And then I have a quilted panel that I could use for pillows or whatnot. I made a table topper.


I hope some of you like this idea for putting your batting scraps to good use!

18 comments:

Jeanneke said...

Great idea! Love your table topper.
Cheers,

Jeanneke.

Ruth said...

Brilliant. I keep tossing those skinny batting pieces away. Now I know what to do with them.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great idea for pillow covers or table runners!!! Thanks for sharing!

Carol E. said...

Great idea. I will do this, definitely.

Texas JennyWren said...

what a brilliant idea to use both the scraps of batting AND the little scraps of fabric. Thanks so much for sharing this idea with all of us!!

Texas JennyWren said...

what a brilliant idea to use both the scraps of batting AND the little scraps of fabric. Thanks so much for sharing this idea with all of us!!

Lori R. said...

Genius! Thanks for sharing.

Pattilou said...

Great idea! I can use that one!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your brilliant idea. I will definitely have to start keeping those small batting strips now.

Nifty Quilts said...

Great idea! Thanks for showing how to piece them together.

Ann said...

What a great idea! Thanks.

Sheila said...

This is so cool. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Anonymous said...

Love it - thanks for sharing this tremendous idea!

Millie said...

Great idea for all those small pieces of batting. Love it.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I am going to try this! THanks for the inspiration!! I'm also a new GFC follower. So I'm now looking forward to continued sharing! :) Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com

KaHolly said...

An ingenius idea!!

Jo said...

Wow that's a great idea

Jo said...

Wow that's a great idea