Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Another Rayna Workshop

I finally finished a small quilt from Rayna Gillman's workshop last August. What a wonderful teacher she is! All the participants had such different visions and were largely self-directed. Rayna spent the day walking in a circle consulting with each of us in turn. She demonstrated modules, encouraged our ideas and offered alternatives when we ran into a wall.

Mine took so long because I was trying to use everything. Once I pared the modules back it fell into place. Hopefully, like Lori, there will be more in the future. Lots of ideas running through my head.
Blue, black, white, chartreuse and yellow fabrics are pieced into a blue-black batik to make this small quilt.
My quilt from Rayna Gilman's workshop: 24" x 22"
Thanks, Rayna!

Ann

9 comments:

Brenda said...

fun little quilt!

Lori R. said...

Excellent! Every one of these skinny string quilts is so different. You really can't plan ... great things happen when you cut and switch, flip and flop. I've made five so far!

Unknown said...

It looks great! Like a piece of art!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this randomness! Love the artsy side of quilting!!! ♥ hugs~

sophie said...

Great Piece and what sounds like my favorite kind of workshop! I'm always amazed at teachers that can do that–support each student on their path to doing something original.

Mystic Quilter said...

Loved this when I saw it as soon as it was posted. Inspired me to get busy with reading my Rayna Gillman book!

Ann said...

Thank you all for the comments. It looks so different from the other workshop quilts. Everyone else had much better blended fabrics. Funny how hard it is to be "different" even when we're long out of childhood. :-)

roccagal said...

fantastic-luv luv luv it!!!!!!!!!

Rayna said...

Ann, did I tell you how good I think this quilt is? Did you send me a picture? If not, please do.!