Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sliced and diced

It's ages since I last posted!
I have had lots of things going on and haven't got back to my Pineapple string quilt just yet but I did have a play a few weeks ago after reading a couple of sections of the book by Rayna Gillman.
I had three 12" blocks left over from my Fractured quilt below


and decided to slice into the first one and see what happened, I enjoyed the process so much I carried on and did the same to the other two

"City Garden"

This shot above was taken while these small pieces were hanging in an exhibition and the hanging system is terrible for textile works, the small rod at the back had to have string tied at the two ends and then hung on a huge picture hook which comes down from a clear tape - can't get the works to hang straight, having said that the one above is cut on an angle at the top and on both sides but the hanging doesn't do it any favours!

The one below was taken at home on my design wall and if you do a zoom you will see two tiny white marks - forgot to remove two white flower head pins!


"Bridge to Nowhere"

Now I need to carry on reading her book and get busy making more quilts!

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great work!

Ann said...

So wonderful! Great combination of randomness and repeat.

Eva patch said...

So beautiful !! Well done !!
hugs

Gebreidesjaals: Knitted Scarfs or Scarves said...

Hartelijk dank voor je bericht, wat jij kan met borduren en patchwork is ook echt vakwerk , daar moet je zo precies voor zijn.En alles is ook erg mooi.Hartelijke groeten en fijne zondag! mieke

Quilt Inspiration said...

Excellent work ! We love the bold designs and vibrant colors of your quilts! The photos look great, despite any issues with nagging the quilt.

Thanks again, and best wishes,

Marina and Daryl

Lori R. said...

Yay, I love Rayna's "style". And that Fractured quilt is great .... that's something that's on my "want to make" list.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks everyone for comments, once you have the hang of the orientation of the Fractured blocks this quilt goes together pretty quickly!

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, I really like your "City Garden"!