Wednesday, August 27, 2014

SEA GLASS SCRAPS AND STRINGS QUILT FINISHED

I am having such fun looking through all these old scraps and strings that make up my now
(FINALLY!) tied, bound and labeled quilt: SEA GLASS.

Here are a few close ups of some fave parts that I was able to sneak in:

A sailboat

an underwater sea flower swaying with the tides,

Lighthouse and snow fence and underneath some imaginary sea anemones....

I used a wide border to underline that this is an ocean quilt....all very old strings of fabrics left over from long ago:

More sailing ships and

celestial sights at sea:


                                                         
I am so happy to have finished this project....you can see more on this on my blog

Hugs to you all, 
Julierose. La Blageuse



13 comments:

Ruth said...

It's lovely and you tied it! Yes!

Julierose said...

Are you another tied quilt lover?? I used a bamboo/cotton crochet thread to tied it--looks so natural with all those scraps and strings. Thanks for your kind comment Ruth--hugs, Julierose

Ann said...

Just lovely with the soft colors and ocean theme. Congratulations.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely colours, I think you have a great name for your quilt - it does look like the sea.

Brenda said...

great finish!

Jeanneke said...

Love it. Beautiful quilt; oh, and tied... Great finish. Well done!
Cheers,

Jeanneke.

Terri said...

Love this quilt, Julie. Did you fussy cut all the squares?
Hugs

Julierose said...

Thank you all for all your comments--I cannot seem to reply today individually [sigh--blogger!]--but I appreciate all your kind words. Terri, I did not really "fussy cut" but just kinda slipped the strips back and forth hoping something good would show up! Looking forward to seeing all of your works soon...hugs, Julierose

Ramona said...

Wow! Your quilt really does look like sea glass! Love it!

Ramona said...

Wow! Your quilt really does look like sea glass! Love it!

Julierose said...

thanks Ramona--I appreciate your kind words, glad you like it! hugs, Julierose

The Inside Stori said...

Lovely and the title describes the quilt beautifully as well.

Julierose said...

Very kind of you Mary, to comment. I thoroughly enjoyed making this quilt...easy and fun....hugs, Julierose