It has been some time since I posted here. I did some string blocks last winter. It is Bonnie Hunter's pattern. Hers was all in reds, I went a bit more scrappy with my version and busted a lot of stash! I have made six queen size quilt tops over the winter months. Have a lot of quilting ahead of me.
Sunday, April 19, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
After languishing in a box for months,
yesterday a pile of diagonal string blocks
made by my guild
and supplemented by me
became 20 diamond blocks
each finishing at 12 inches.
Just some sashing and borders and then they're a flimsy!
Friday, April 10, 2015
This little piece will be donated to the Beaufort County Arts Council for their annual "Little Art Exhibit". 8" x 10" canvases are handed out and each artist returns a finished piece to be sold during the fundraiser.
I rounded up a little collection of batiks and cut some strips. Working on top of a piece of fusible fleece, cut slightly smaller than the canvas I wove the strips together and ironed it when I was happy with the arrangement. I zigzagged between the strips with "smoke" invisible thread and around the outer edge with purple thread.
The canvas was spray painted with glossy enamel paint. Then my piece was glued on and the whole thing went under a pile of books to keep it all flat while the glue dried. I think it's done. But it doesn't have to be turned in for two more weeks, so some embellishment might happen.
Posted by Lori R. at 1:05 PM