Friday, April 10, 2015

Little Strips


This little piece will be donated to the Beaufort County Arts Council for their annual "Little Art Exhibit".  8" x 10" canvases are handed out and each artist returns a finished piece to be sold during the fundraiser.  

I rounded up a little collection of batiks and cut some strips.  Working on top of a piece of fusible fleece, cut slightly smaller than the canvas I wove the strips together and ironed it when I was happy with the arrangement.  I zigzagged between the strips with "smoke" invisible thread and around the outer edge with purple thread.

The canvas was spray painted with glossy enamel paint.  Then my piece was glued on and the whole thing went under a pile of books to keep it all flat while the glue dried.  I think it's done.  But it doesn't have to be turned in for two more weeks, so some embellishment might happen. 

3 comments:

Brenda said...

it's great!

Mystic Quilter said...

You've used my favourite colours here!
What a neat idea and size. Lovely.

Julierose said...

Lovely piece--interesting how you finished it...hugs, Julierose