Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Red Basketweave Strings


I've been cleaning out a UFO storage tub, and came across this top.  I sewed it a while ago as a sample for a guild activity that didn't happen, and then stored it away and forgot about it.  Just a simple basketweave block arrangement, but red always makes me smile. 

I don't use foundations for these blocks, since they're not being pieced on the diagonal.  I just sew enough strings together to cut a large enough square. 

Now that it's out in the light of day again, I'll add it to my To-Be-Quilted stack. 

***************

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely use of red--my latest tribulation...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Great quilt. You must finish it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like simple designs and I love the colors you used.

Ann said...

Oh, yes. I like the color and the casual way the strings run. Not perfectly straight or cut but also not overly curved or wonky. I see the influence of a handmade basket.

Judy said...

I like simple designs with bold colors and your quilt fits that perfectly. Enjoy quilting it!