Saturday, May 8, 2021

A Pocket Full of Posies - now a finished flimsy

 My last post on April 28 had me about to put borders
on my latest AHIQ Quilt Along quilt.

After playing around for a while I went with the border treatment below

a single fabric border just didn't look right so after a bit of faffing
around I hit on the idea of splitting and inserting a thin strip
of the fabric used to make the centre collage.

The finished top is now 45 and 1/2" square.

I think this border treatment is definitely going to be used again on
a future quilt or quilts.


Maureen

9 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

The border treaties perfect!

Ivani said...

It is beautiful!!!
Perfect borders, it calms down and highlights the center of the quilt
Love it!!

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous! The string blocks really make this quilt center sing! Nicely done. :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVELY quilt top - great way to complete the current AHIQ challenge.

QuiltGranma said...

Very Nice! Great job!

Jo said...

Oh wow! I love the background, that is my kind of thing. Jo x

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - this is so pretty! I love those angled strings!

Barbara said...

Just wandered in here, it’s fate! I’ve been quiltmaking and crafting for decades, but had to scale back because of arthritis in my aging hands. However, I kept trying and am now addicted to making string blocks. I am SO looking forward to what you do with yours!

L. D. said...

It is a wonderful artwork in cloth. You are right the strip around the edge really completes the look holding all of it together.