Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pineapple Passion

Hi all - following an email to Brenda a little while ago she very kindly sent me an invitation to join the group. I love string quilts and follow a couple of blogs where string quilts are the focus. I haven't been able to start a new string quilt at the moment because of hand problems  (having hand surgery next week) but as I explained to Brenda I have been working on a Pineapple quilt and she was happy for me to post this.  This quilt will  be nine blocks across and nine down and I sometimes wonder whether I should have gone smaller!!


I am putting it together six blocks at a time and deciding as I go along how to quilt it!  More blocks are pieced waiting to stitched into sets of six,  think it has taken me longer to work on this one as I am using heaps of strips from my stash of older fabrics, some 20years old, and the colours are softer than I like to use, I love brights and am a collector of Kaffe Fasset and company fabrics (in addition to heaps of other fabrics of course) but just had to use some of the stash from my early days of quilting. There were more black florals in my stash than I had realised so they are forming my borders.
Looking forward to being a part of the group and have ideas for making more quilts with strings when I have full use of my hand again, which I hope will only be a matter of three or four weeks. Looking forward to reading all the posts while I am out of action!




6 comments:

Jeanneke said...

Beautiful!!

Linda said...

Oh yeah. I recognise several of those fabrics. I still have them sitting in my stash. I really like what you're doing with them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks for your comments ladies - nice to meet you.

Rhonda said...

Pineapple quilts are so striking. Love yours. Love the fabrics, too!!

Nifty Quilts said...

Wowie zowie! That is one gorgeous quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks Rhonda and Nifty Quilts for you kind comments
hope to be further along next posting when can use right hand!