Sunday, May 26, 2013

Two Finishes

I finished the Emerald Jewel quilt by adding a stop red border followed by the piano keys.
This one measures 56 by 76 inches.

I've had this "ugly" fabric for a very long time, looked at it once in a while but nothing came to mind until I was working on the Emerald quilt. I remembered that the ugly fabric had touches of green so off I went.

I pulled some duller greens and black strips and got down to sewing.

After laying out my design I knew that I'd want to do a border and decided to continue the diamond into the border.

I am very happy with the results. Lots of extra designs within this quilt top.
It measures 45 inches square.

11 comments:

Ann said...

I liked Emerald Jewel before but really like how you alternated red and geen centers. Very nice.

Rhonda said...

Thank you!

Kat Scribner said...

I love your green string quilt. The red is a perfect accent and the border finishes it off just right. Great job!

Brenda said...

That "ugly" pink fabric really makes the green diamonds pop. thanks for sharing these two great quilts. woo hoo for your finishes!

Sandra :) said...

The green diamonds in the second quilt really DO pop - that ugly fabric is actually quite pretty, lol. LOVE LOVE LOVE Emerald Jewel - the green centres make the red ones pop, and string quilts are my favourites - yours is beautiful :)

Paulette said...

I love them both!! Emerald Jewel really is a jewel of a quilt. And the pink print is the perfect backdrop to the strings in the second quilt. Beautiful!

Marla's Crafts said...

They are both beautiful. Love the red in the first one and love the design in the second one. Very pretty.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

roccagal said...

both are soo lovely but I luv the one with the"ugly" fabric best!
It has great impact!

Carol E. said...

Gorgeous!

antique quilter said...

I love this and that pink is just great,
I can see this as a center medallion for a large quilt :)
Kathie