Sunday, June 8, 2014

Scrappy quilt by Katell



Note: I am posting this on behalf of Katell.

I am about to quilt a big quilt, well not really a string quilt since all pieces are cut 2 1/2 x 4 1/2. Yet it is a genuine scrappy top with many Japanese fabrics. I found my inspiration in this book :


I began to cut and piece :



​Well, d'accord, let's go on !
​I showed the top to my Bee Amies last Friday. It will be a bedspread (200 x 240 cm)
I have to quilt it now : I will offer it to my sister​ by the end of the month for her 40th birthday.
So it will not be on my blog before because I want her to be surprised!

Katell, France

10 comments:

Lori R. said...

Sorry, the pictures didn't post.

Patti said...

My pictures came through and I just LOVE it. Lucky sister.

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful! I'm sure your sister will love it.

Ann said...

Delightful organization of scraps. It looks wonderful!

Joanne said...

Your quilt is beautiful. So often simple shapes make a beautiful quilt. I am certain your sister will love it.

Kate said...

Nicely done. That book has some fun projects in it.

Sheila said...

This is a good book. Many excellent ideas. Love your quilt.

Sheila said...

This is a good book. Many excellent ideas. Love your quilt.

Carol E. said...

C'est magnifique!