Monday, March 16, 2015

Boxing up the Strings

 I had started with a tonne of scraps and this doesn't include all the scraps from years gone by. I had wanted to get onto it for quite sometime.
and boxed up the strings into one block. I've got lots of strings!


In this quilt, I am cutting strips from the scraps I have or just using those scraps that were just hanging around.


I start with 5 inch squares of backing and batting. So this little quilt is quilted when each block is squared off with the rotary cutter as seen.


I layer the scrap strips onto the batting with the backing fabric behind. I must do a little tute for this or just go here to watch how the quilt as you go method works. Unfortunately, this is not using the string method, but you'll get the idea.

Have fun, happy quilting,

Carli


14 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Fun QAYG string project. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Ann said...

I've been seeing many QAYG lately but yours is by far the cutest... and most useful. Hooray for clearing out the scrap bag!

Julierose said...

Thank you for sharing this great QAYG project--it is just adorable. Great idea hugs, Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

Cute. Great tutorial.

Vivian said...

Love that you are also using strings to sash the QAYG blocks. This would also make a great leader/ender project and you'd have a finished (quilted) quilt when the blocks were done to boot!

barbara woods said...

JULIEROSE ALL the comment on won't to be quilter is still going to my old email and they changed things and I can't change it back.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great strings!

Carli The Quilter said...

Thanks, sharing string quilts are so fun.

Carli The Quilter said...

Thanks Ann, I have color coordinated the scraps from my winter away, my lord, they just keep coming. I'm so glad to hear you think mine is by far the cutest.

Carli The Quilter said...

Its still coming along, just sewing. Thanks for commenting.

Carli The Quilter said...

Thanks, so glad you like it.

Carli The Quilter said...

Yes, mam, you are correct. I'm working on multiple projects that require thinking and done this way, its a done quilt.

Carli The Quilter said...

I think you just need to disconnect yourself from comments, heh?

Carli The Quilter said...

Thanks souch, love strings.