I had a drawer full of strip piecing made in 2008. I took them out and looked at them many times but just couldn't decide what to do with them.
More strips and below these some light blue and many other shades of green.
I decided to use a diamond Accuquilt Studio die to cut them.
I started out just putting the diamonds up on the design wall in no particular order. I filled in with diamonds cut from batik prints.
My two sewing friends came over on Wednesday and gave me opinions on the placement of the diamonds. One of them sat across the room and watched me put them up and from there she could see things that needed to be moved that my other friend and I couldn't see while close to it. I cut half diamonds from batiks to fill in on the edges.
I will leave it open to the viewer's interpretation of what it is, a light shaft, or a waterfall, forest or mountains or anything else the viewer might see. It is 37.75" x 64.5"