Sunday, February 7, 2016

Rail Fence Strings

Since I wasn't careful with the amount of strings cut for Chinese Coins, there were enough to make a second quilt, too. This used some of the strings discarded during the first quilt; it's much louder and more vibrant.

I also found some strings of triangles in the scrap bin. They were a failed experiement that worked beautifully here.
Improvistational Rail Fence from Strings
Using stripes was great fun! There were more striped fabrics than I originally saw. So many fabrics look completely different in small pieces.

I used two different striped fabrics in the binding... Because there wasn't enough of either to go all the way around. More on my blog here.

Enjoy the day,
Ann

12 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

This quilt is fabulous -- I absolutely love it!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love it!! Stripes and triangles added to the complexity and kept me looking at it for a long time.

Julierose said...

This Rail Improv is so vibrant!! I love it--Did you piece onto muslin, paper, or anything? Hugs, julierose

Debra said...

Love this! The binding is a great choice ;-)

Ann said...

Thanks for writing, everyone. Julierose, they were all simply sewn. Nothing is paper or foundation pieced. And they were all freehand cut.

Quilting Stories said...

Wonderful stripe quilt, and nice binding!

Linda said...

I love your fabulous bright Rail Fence quilt. All the stripes, the Reds that pop up all over the quilt, the sheer vitality of your design is awesome.

Carli The Quilter said...

I love your improvisational way of strings.

Mystic Quilter said...

Just catching up on reading posts - such a vibrant quilt Ann with a lot of movement!

Nann said...

What a wonderful design! The turquoise strips really liven it up.

Carol E. said...

I love your work! I have not been a big fan of strings, but yours are fabulous.

Marjorie said...

Hi,
I love your work too! I have made a few string quilts and they are among favorites. Is it possible to post my pics on this site?

Thanks,
Marjorie