Thursday, March 1, 2012

All to Pieces

I was inspired by Tonya's Legos quilt last fall to piece my 1.5" bits into strips/strings. I didn't follow her process exactly, of course. I started with four liberated log cabin blocks (six inches each) and then went round them with my pieced strips. There's one strip of "sashing" between the four blocks, and I added a couple more rows at the top and bottom.

I have it basted and pinned for quilting. The more I think about it though, the more I'm thinking I'm going to tie it instead. I plan to donate this to the Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study; the ties will give the recipient something to fiddle with...

Edited to correct the name of the donation destination and build in the hyperlink.

9 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

LOVE it!

Brenda said...

wow! I like the contrast between order and randomness on this. what's the A D Study Centre?

Tonya Ricucci said...

fabulous! love it and yes, ties will be good too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

How awesome that this will go to the Alzheimer's Cooperative Disease Study!!

http://adcs.org/Research/Quilts.aspx

The name, the quilt, the ties to fiddle with -- completely wonderful!

Love how you used the log cabin centers!

Cathy said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

Sujata Shah said...

Beautiful setting for the Legos quilt! I love the idea of ties.

Finn said...

Worked out wonderfully Sue, I like that you used those log cabins for the center. And an excellent idea to donate it to the Research Center. Hope you'll "string along" some more with us!

Magpie Sue said...

Thanks for all the positive comments ladies! And thanks, Julie, for sharing the link to the research center for me/us. I appreciate not having to go look it up myself. ;- )

Rosa said...

Looks fabulous!Love the contrast and how you used strings.Congratulations!