Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First string quilt top

I've had these 5 1/2" string blocks sitting in my closet - I made them 3 years ago. Yesterday and today I put them together, and ended up with this top. I had a bunch of 2 1/2" strips that I used as a border - needed to use them up.

This will go to my guild's community service program, where someone else will sandwich it, quilt it, and give it to whomever they give their donated quilts to.


I have five gallon-sized zip bags full of strings, so I guess I need to get crackin' and make some more! 

6 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

That is a beautiful service quilt. Someone is going to be very lucky. great job.

Brenda said...

it's beautiful. I love diagonal string quilts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love your flimsy ... someone else will love it, too (and you for making it).

Nifty Quilts said...

It's beautiful! And so generous of you to give it away. I'm sure it will make someone very happy.

Paulette said...

What a fun quilt! I bet it feels really good to finally have the top together and on its way to being done and donated.

Rosa said...

It`s fabulous.Love,love!!