After I made my very first foundation pieced string block for Brenda's challenge I went on to make about 45 more. ;- )
I tried out several arrangements. This first one is pretty much how they landed on the wall as I finished each block.
And all going one way...
In the end I decided on this sort-of-barn-raising arrangement:
You can see more about this project on my blog here.
After that I took inspiration from one of the quilts in Freddy & Gwen Collaborate Again and created this top:
It doesn't get much scrappier than this! While the first top I showed you was made out of my strings box (skinny, oddly cut strips) this one was made primarily with precision cut 1.5," 2.5," and 3.5" strips. I did throw in the occasional wonky strip though. Both of these tops will be finished by members of my local quilt guild and then donated to children in Foster Care here in our community.