Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Collaboration Quilt

Hiya!  I'm Stacey, a.k.a. Peppermint Pinwheels, and Brenda sweetly asked me to do a little show and tell with my latest quilt.
A baby quilt collaboration

This quilt is actually a collaboration between me and my friend, Jessica Ingram.  We've been working on getting it together for about a year now, and we're so excited that it's almost finished!  We based the design on an improvisational basket-weave pattern that I've been teaching and used both scraps as well as yardage cut into strips.

Thanks for letting me share!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I think this is a great way to make a quilt with strings. It has lots of great stuff going on and I like the sashing and setting squares which provide a little order to the strings. thanks for posting it!

Paulette said...

That's beautiful! I, too, like the sashing and setting squares between. Very nice!

Joanne said...

This quilt looks like a lot of fun. Too bad you are teaching it about 3000 km from where I live. Joanne

Ann said...

Stacey, you quilt is so striking. What a glorious idea to use bright whites in the cetner and off-whites/greys in the border. It's so unique and so effective. Congratulations.