Friday, February 10, 2012

Splitting Myself 3 Ways!

Hi everyone.

Dordogne Quilter, Clare, here.

I've been meaning to post for ages, but we're having severe weather problems and are presently coping with about to burst water pipes, so please forgive my tardiness.

I love string quilts. They speak of so much more than ordinary quilts. All those fabrics in a quilt!

Here's one I did last year which is being auctioned off  for a hospital in the UK to raise funds for the children's ward.

Strawberries & Cream
Mary of Heartstrings fame kindly let me use the Heartstrings pattern.

A Liberated Amish Roman Stripes quilt

S is for Stripes or Strings

And another one, based on Tonya's Lego quilt.

All That Jazz!

For my next project I'm going to combine strings with an Amish style quilt (similar to this one) which is why I'm splitting myself 3 ways as I shall also be posting about it on Tonya's UnRuly Quilters blog and, of course, on my own blog.

I'll post again once I can start sewing again!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

great photo inspiration here, Clare. I like all of them!

Finn said...

Love your stringy-thingys Clare! Great job on all of them, so many scraps and strings used up...hurray!Can't wait to see your new project. Hope the weather improves soon..such a year we've all had weatherwise. Hugs, Finn

Rosa said...

These are absolutely beautiful.I love!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You already know how much I love your quilts . . . I'm sure there's another beauty about to be created!