I was combing through my stash of books, magazines and quilt patterns when I ran across the pattern you see in the background. It was then and only then that I remembered I had purchased the special ruler to go with it. Great! I have an abundance of scraps and strips of fabrics.... this would be a perfect time to start another quilt.
Several hours later, I had enough strips sewn together to begin the next step....
I cut seven sets of eight kites that are needed to make a block or at least the block that I was interested in.
This kite shape has so many possibilities and I was so excited to see all the various fabric placements.
The first block option is the great looking design and the beauty of it is I don't have to match seams or pin anything.
Block option 2 is this four pointed star that I placed on an audition tone-on-tone fabric.
I then realized that if I was going with option 1, it needed something to square the block up. After a couple of frustration hours of drafting, I came up with a workable template which needed to be reversible.
This is how the kite looks with the template fabrics sewn on. I went with the scrappy look because I really need to get rid of use up that large basket of scraps.
And that brings me to my next dilemma...... LOL.... back to the old drafting paper..... to be continued.