Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New stringer in the mix!

Hi everybody, I'm Linda from Eat, Sleep, Quilt

I'm glad I was invited to join this blog, it gives me an excuse to make another set of string blocks!  I think strings are really easy to do, especially since I learned the new way of piecing them using phone book pages with just the first seam stitched down. 

For this project I've decided to make a star block, with strings in the middle position. 

Because that middle block will be sort of on the small size, I wanted the strings to be no wider than 1-1/2", else I think the string effect would get lost in the star. 

I trimmed some of my strings down to the size I wanted, I was finding a lot of wide pieces ... I think they're from cutting 2" or 2-1/2" strips that got skewed, so I just tossed them in the string bin.

These are the untrimmed string blocks I pieced this morning, I was up sewing at 6:30!  There are half a dozen here, I only need three more for the design I have in mind.  I wanted to keep this one bright, so it's looking good already!


More later, have a great Tuesday.  Sew forth and sew on...

No comments: